Terms and Conditions
We constantly monitor all competitors on-line prices for like for like manufactured products, if you find a price for any like for like product elsewhere that is cheaper than we advertise, please e-mail or call with the requirement and we will see what we can do.
1. All goods on this web site are priced in GBP, Great British Poundsba
2. Prices quoted, Includes VAT.
3. Quotation prices lapse after 30 days
4. Price and availability may change without notice
5. The price excludes delivery, unless otherwise stated. (Full delivery costs are calculated and shown when you add an item to your basket.)
6. We reserve the right to cancel an order at any stage if there have been any errors or mistakes with pricing.
7. Business customers. Rates of tax and duties on the goods will be those applying at time of manufacture
8. Business customers. At the time before manufacture we may adjust the price to reflect any increases in our costs of supplying the goods.
1) We aim to manufacture / deliver all goods within five working days, one to two working days if a priority label is selected, with the exception of any order which includes any item from the aluminium frame or mirror section, which we aim to deliver within 7 working days. The shipping and manufacture times sections are based on past performance & are accurate but is an estimate & not in any way a guarantee of service - If goods are required in a hurry, by or on a particular date, Call 01749 678782 or Email email@example.com before you place your order, we can usually accommodate the shortest of lead times, even next day.
2) If we fail to deliver within a reasonable time (without contact and or explanation) you may cancel the contract.
3) If the contract is cancelled you have no claim against us for delay, cost's incurred or if the goods have been despatched before the contract is cancelled.
4) We may deliver the goods in instalments
5) Deliveries take place either
a) At our premises (if you are arranging collection) Or at your premises (if we are arranging delivery)
b) You must select the correct delivery option in the basket before cheout. If you do not select the correct delivery option, you will automatically be charged for the correct delivery option. For example, if you are on the Isle of Man, and select Standard Next Day Delivery, you will be charged for the UK Isles delivery automatically. By placing your order and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you give us your consent to charge your debit or credit card with the additional delivery costs related to your delivery address.
c) Delivery charges are calculated automatically by the web site when you add to your shopping cart. Goods are despatched using either Royal Mail or our nominated parcel carrier on a next day service.
6) Where delivery is made by our parcel carrier, the delivery charge is for 1 attempted delivery only. Should you not be in to receive delivery, and have not provided us with alternative delivery instructions, your order will be taken
to the parcel carrier's local depot to await collection by you (a card will be left for you with contact details). If you request re-delivery to the same address as originally provided, there may be an additional charge of £5.00 + VAT to cover the cost charged to us by our parcel carrier. If you request re-delivery to a different address, then the cost may be higher. It is strongly advised, therefore, that alternative delivery instructions are provided to us at point of order.
7) You are responsible for payment of any local customs and import duties
8) We ask that, should your item fail to arrive in the allotted timescale, you advise us by email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that we may investigate with the parcel carriers. Any dates quoted for delivery are approximate only and we will not be liable for any delay. It is your responsibility to ensure that you order from us in adequate time to prevent any disappointment resulting from late shipment.
9) On occasion, you may find that you need to add to your order after it has been placed. In these circumstances, we ask that you submit another order online. If this is done on the SAME DAY as the original order we will be able to consolidate the two, thereby reducing the overall delivery charge. Where orders are placed on different days it is not possible to offer this consolidation service due to the high level of administrative work required.
10) The goods are at your risk from the time of delivery
We are a very caring company and we go to great lengths to ensure all products we manufacture & send out get to you in perfect condition, as we are manufacturers and human!, mistakes can and do sometimes happen, in every instance we will do our very best to resolve the situation amicably and that you are totally satisfied with your purchase.
1) The vast majority of goods for sale on our web site fall into the category of custom made products (personalised or made to order), including all picture frames. Where these products have been supplied correctly, we are not able to offer any exchanges or refunds.
a) Any product referred to as being in a "standard size" does not mean it is ready-made or off-the-shelf. We are a custom frame manufacturer and all sizes are made to order.
b) We will cut your apertures / windows approx 4-6.5mm smaller than requested (picture size)to make sure you have the perfect fit and your artwork doesn't fall through the windows.
c) Our website cannot modify or change the measurements your enter. We will only supply a product to the measurements you have given us - we cannot offer a refund/exchange or rectify any mistakes we are not responsible for.
Our refund, exchange and return policy is in strict accordance with the latest UK government distance selling regulations
2) If your goods are damaged in transit
a) Inform us within two days of signature of goods and allow us the time to re-collect the goods, inspect the goods & replace the goods at no charge & on a convenient date.
3) If you have received goods which are defective in material and or workmanship or received goods which are not the goods placed you must
a) Inform us within two days of signature of goods and allow us the time to re-collect the goods, inspect the goods & replace the goods
b) If goods are returned because they are thought to be not of satisfactory standard in opinion but we the Manufacturer believe the goods to be of a satisfactory standard we reserve the right to refund only part of the amount paid to cover our expenses such as postage, re-collection, manufacture and re-manufacture ( if applicable )
4) Any other product we supply which we do not manufacture, Sale frames, hardware or tapes for example may be returned to us within 7 days at your expense in the original packaging, if we then deem the items to be in perfect condition and ready for re-sale, we will refund the cost of the item(s) back onto the payment method within 30 days.
5) We do not accept returns unless agreed and or arranged by us.
a) In the event of goods being returned without our written consent the goods will be held in their returned condition in despatch for a period of 4 weeks, when this 4 week period expires the goods will be disposed of.
6) By placing your order with www.somersetframes.co.uk you agree to the returns and cancellations policy described in this document.
1. Payment is required before goods are manufactured unless you have a credit account or different terms have been pre-agreed in writing for payment.
a. If you have a credit account payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date., unless alternative terms have been agreed in writing.
2. Business customers unless otherwise stated, If you fail to pay us within the due date
a. We may suspend or cancel future deliveries and or orders.
b. You will pay interest at the rate equivalent to that set for the purpose of the late payment of commercial debts (interest) act 1998:
i. Calculated (on a daily basis) from the date of our invoice until payment
ii. Compounded on the first day of each calendar month and
iii. Before and after and judgment (unless the court orders otherwise)
3. If you have an approved business credit account we may withdraw it or reduce your credit limit or bring forward your due date payment
a. We may take any of these actions above at any time without notice
4. You do not have the right to set off any money you may claim form us against anything you may owe us
5. We only accept payment in Pounds Sterling
We only take orders online by Credit card through the uk's leading payment gateway Sagepay. All Transactions made by credit card on our website are protected by an SSL Certificate which provides up to 256 bit encryption and allows for safe online transactions and secure data transmission from your computer to our website.
We make every attempt to be accurate with digital images and specifications, however as we source products from different suppliers each consignment of product may be slightly different to that as advertised digitally or previously supplied, colour calibration and qualtiy of your display can also effect digital representaion.
1. If frame tone / colour / specification is crital, especially in the instance of repeating an order for an identical product, it is essential to order a sample of the current stock of that product as we cannot be held responsible for manufactured product after delivery.
2. Tone & shade of product may vary slightly to that displayed digitally
3. Tone & shade of product may vary slightly between orders
4. material will be accurate to within 8mm
5. Picture frame sizing ( internal ) will be accurate to within +10mm to allow for the safe / easy removal of picture frame Glazing & picture frame backing.
6. Picture Mounts
a. ( external ) will be accurate to within +/- 4mm
b. Picture Mount sizing ( internal ) will be accurate to within +/- 4mm smaller than requested (picture size) to make sure you have the perfect fit and your artwork doesn't fall through the windows.
Our cancellation policy (below is in accordance with the latest UK government distance selling regulations
1) We understand that sometimes an order might be placed in haste or even in error, if an order is placed and not manufactured we will cancel the order & refund the total value of the order.
2) All picture frames (excluding sale frames) and mounts are made to customer specification. We are therefore unable to offer a refund or replacement on any correctly supplied product (Note that any product referred to as being in a "standard size" does not mean it is ready-made or off-the-shelf.).
a) If an order is placed and manufactured and then cancelled (for any reason) you are to pay us the full current retail value.
b) If we fail to manufacture and or deliver (without contact and or explanation) within a reasonable time, you may cancel the order.
3) Business customers unless otherwise stated , We may suspend or cancel an order if
a) You fail to pay us any money when due (under the order or otherwise)
b) You become insolvent
c) You fail to honour you obligations under these terms
4) You may not cancel any order for any reason unless we agree and the cancellation is offered by us in writing.
5) All picture frame and mount measurements are calculated from the sizes the customer enters on our website. Our website cannot modify or change the measurements your enter. We will only supply a product to the measurements you have given us - we cannot offer a refund/exchange or rectify any mistakes we are not responsible for.
1) Contacting D H JAMES LTD / SOMERSET FRAMES
a) The full name of our company is D H JAMES LTD.
b) Our trading address is 3 Sadler Street Wells Somerset BA5 2RR.
c) You may contact us via email at email@example.com, by phone on 01749 678782 or post at the address stated above.
2) We may need to contact you in case of a question regarding your order, you agree for us to contact you by phone and email if you place an order with us.
a) We may occasionally send out discount vouchers via email for future purchases with us.
3) We have systems in place to remove frames from our website that are low, or out of stock, to stop orders being placed on out of stock frames. In the unlikely event that you place an order for a frame that is out of stock, we will contact you as soon as we can to arrange an alternative frame.
4) We offer the option to purchase brown sealing tape as an extra. If you do not wish to purchase sealing tape, the back of our frames will be sealed using flexible pins, which you can bend over the back board to hold your picture in place. We recommend purchasing sealing tape to protect your image from dust and moisture, and to add to the visual finish of your frame
5) If the Print & Frame service is purchased, we will Clean the glass, insert your picture, glass & back. To give the professional service we will staple the back & print into place & tape the back to protect your image from dust and moisture, and to add to the visual finish of your frame
6) Our web site may contain links to external web sites. We shall not be held responsible for the availability of, or the content located on or through any external web site, nor for any transactions between you and such sites.
7) You accept full and total legal responsibility for work to be carried out by D h james ltd or Somerset frames, their employees and directors have accepted this work, on the strict understanding that you are the owner of the copyright, or have permission of the owner of the copyright for duplication to be undertaken on your behalf.
8) D h james ltd & Somerset Frames will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information on the site but makes no representation or warranty of any kind express or implied statutory or otherwise regarding the contents or availability of the site or that it will be timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the website D h james ltd or Somerset frames will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the website and D h james ltd or Somerset frames accepts no liability of any kind for any loss or damage from action taken or taken in reliance on material or information contained on the site.
a) Notice to customers: In the unlikely event of loss or damage to your film, negatives or prints whilst in the care of our laboratories (whatever the cause may be), we will be pleased to provide a replacement film, which may be processed and printed free of charge (if film is available & excluding black & white film. If a black & white film is damaged we will replace it with a XP2 C41 colour process that can be developed in B&W) . This is in additional to your statutory rights as a consumer. Please note this is a consumer service and we do not accept responsibility for material of a professional or commercial value.
9) D h james ltd or Somerset frames may make modifications, improvements, corrections and/or changes to this web site and these Terms and Conditions at any time with reasonable notice.
10) You may not copy any content contained within this entire website without the written consent of D h james ltd or Somerset frames
11) Although we recommend back mounting , please be aware one applied the process is irreversible. For most print’s that are generated from a negative or memory card can be reprinted, but in terms of original works of art or irreplaceable items back mounting may not be suitable as it could devalue the item in the long term. If in any doubt please call or email for advice.We will not take any responability for any items that are devalued or damaged.